What’s the Best Electrician Tool Belt in 2022?
As an electrician, you have to handle an impressive variety of tools.
However, if you fail to organize your tools for easy access, you can see some dip in your productivity.
I mean, you should think about the hassles of moving around in the work area just because you need another screwdriver or spanner.
|#1||Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician's Set||9.7/10||Check Price|
|#2||Gatorback B240 Electrician's Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt||9.5/10||Check Price|
|#3||DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer's Combo Apron Tool Belt||9.4/10||Check Price|
|#4||CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician's Comfort Lift Combo Tool Belt||9.2/10||Check Price|
|#5||Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician's Tool Belt||9.1/10||Check Price|
Things become even more challenging if you have to work on ladders and other raised platforms. In case you were thinking of keeping all the tools in your pockets, it is not a practical solution.
These are some reasons why almost all electricians you come across will recommend getting an electrician tool belt.
An electrician tool belt is exactly what you would guess from the name. This belt is designed and optimized for electricians, and it contains the correct type/number of compartments to house all the tools you have.
So, when you climb the ladder to fix something, you do not have to miss any tool from the workspace. There is no tough job of carrying all these tools, either. In other words, an electrician tool belt is your best assistant in the field.
The belt will stay by your side and make it easy for you to access the appropriate equipment. We must say that you should not random-pick an electrician tool belt in light of these reasons.
We have sorted down the best five electrician tool belts from the market right now to make things easy for you a bit. We believe this would be a great start to finalize which electrician tool belt you need.
Best Electrician Tool Belt – Reviews & Buying Guide for 2022
- Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set
- Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt
- DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt
- CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician’s Comfort Lift Combo Tool Belt
- Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician’s Tool Belt
Winner: Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set
- Size: 51.054cm x 21.336cm x 36.068cm
- Material: Leather
If you are looking for the best electrician tool kit on the market, the Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set is an excellent choice. It offers one of the most premium experiences of organizing the tools you need as an electrician.
We should also mention the additional durability and construction quality of the product. You must be ready to spend a few more extra dollars. Because the manufacturer has used high-quality leather for the construction, this is an impressive investment as well.
- The Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set comes with one of the most optimized designs in the market. The belt attaches to your body quite safely and stays there whenever you are working. Instead of sticking to the older standards, the company has changed the design to suit all the needs of a modern electrician.
- The tool belt comes with two major pouches and a mini pouch. You have a couple of options when it comes to arranging the equipment. You can arrange all the equipment as shown in the product images. This is great if you are just getting started. Two, you can customize the compartments in the pouch and arrange items as per your muscle memory. You’ll never be short of space for your pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers and multimeters.
- The belt uses a No-Spill Tool Holder System, equally intricate and usable. Even when you are standing at uncommon angles, the Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set can stay secure. It also helps that the entire belt weighs less than 6.5lbs. Therefore, you do not have to worry about the belt causing too much trouble while working.
- We also noticed that the tool belt is very flexible. That is, you can wear the belt according to your user preferences. For instance, if you are a leftie, you can wear the belt through the other side. In the end, you must have quick access to all the tools, and the electrician’s set ensures that. It is one reason why the kit costs a lot, you know.
- Last but not least, you can get the Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set in three different sizes: Small, Large, and X-Large. However, there is no variety in terms of color or finish. We believe that multiple colors would have been an excellent addition. By the way, this tool belt works great with other accessories you may use.
- Getting used to the Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set is not an easy job. Since the entire construction uses high-quality leather, it will take time to set. By that time, you should put the necessary tools in the corresponding compartments and test if they work. So, you must be ready for this extra effort when you buy the belt.
- Some electricians have said that the manufacturer could have added space for some extra tools. The set currently offers no dedicated solution for levels or measuring tapes. Putting these things inside the pre-designed slots could be a difficult job. However, the same professionals do not doubt the durability or the design quality of the belt.
The Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set does not offer any extra feature. However, you can easily count on the after-sales service and support provided by the company. There is also an immense community that can give you quick answers to your everyday doubts.
You do not have to think twice about the durability or construction quality of the Occidental Leather 5590 SM Commercial Electrician’s Set. It is an investment that would stay by your side for a few decades. However, at the same time, you should see if its design can accommodate all the tools you want to use.
We must also note that the tool belt requires some kind of maintenance from your side. Only then will you get the maximum power out of the package. Finally, it is also great that you can choose between three different sizes without paying anything extra.
Runner-up: Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt
- Size: 14.33” x 12.28” x 7.4”
- Material: Nylon, Plastic
If you think our top pick is a little too expensive, you should check out the Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt. It is another durable product, but the belt does not cost a fortune.
Still, it provides sufficient space to keep all your tools organized. Even though the belt does not use leather as its primary material, the construction quality is up to the standard expectations. The manufacturer has done an exceptional job in terms of design as well.
- First and foremost, the Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt is available in different waist sizes. However, you should measure the actual waist size instead of relying on the pant size. Given that you use the correct numbers, this electrician tool belt will offer you one of the most comfortable experiences.
- Even though the manufacturer has used Nylon and plastic to create this belt, the build quality is suitable for most people. The company has used riveting and bar tacking to reinforce the stress points on the belt. So, even if you put the belt through some tough times, you will not have anything to fear about. For one, the company has used higher-quality Nylon for the entire construction.
- This package contains more pockets than other electrician belts you come across. You get a total of 18 pockets on the right side and 9 pockets on the left side. The maker has also added a tape chain, which comes in handy more often than you think. Thanks to the flexible design, you can use these pouches and pockets to store various elements.
- We loved the extra steps from Gatorback to increase the durability of the belt. For instance, to prevent the pouches from sagging, the maker has used an interior plastic lining. The boxy design of the pockets is also helpful for ensuring maximum accessibility. Even if you put some sharp equipment in these bags, you will not have to worry about breakage or holes.
- Despite the affordable price tag that it comes with, the electrician tool belt has used a leather-tipped belt as the base. When combined with the memory foam back-support pad, this belt can last for decades without any problem. Because it does not use leather, there is no need to worry about maintenance, either.
- The Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt does not have any drawbacks. However, some customers feel that the pockets are comparatively smaller. It means you cannot use all the bags to store the desirable equipment inside. Due to the design, the pockets do not expand much, either.
We noticed that Gatorback has designed this product with utmost care. For instance, it comes with a pair of metal suspender rings and carrying handles. These tiny additions can improve your experience with the tool belt whether you are wearing them. We must also mention that each pouch on the belt comes with a tailor-made design.
Even though you spend only half of what our top pick would cost, you can count on the comfort provided by the Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt. It is primarily because of the fitted design. Because you choose a product that fits your waist measurements, the belt feels better than a piece of memory foam padding.
If you think you do not need a leather-based belt but want something more practical, the Gatorback B240 Electrician’s Combo with Pro-Comfort Back Support Belt is an excellent choice. The manufacturer has done an impressive job of combining best-in-class construction with well-accommodative pouches.
Compared to leather-based counterparts, this type of belt requires less maintenance from your side. You will also love the extra elements suitable for carrying the belt around. Altogether, if you want extra comfort without spending too much, this belt is a great option, indeed.
Alternative: DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt
- Size: 24.25” x 7.5” x 17.25”
- Material: Leather
If you need a more flexible tool belt for your needs, you should check out the DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt. While the product is not designed for electricians, an electrician would not have trouble using it for everyday projects.
- Despite the seemingly large product design, you can easily adjust the work apron. Because it packs padding all over the construction, the DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt does not compromise the overall comfort.
- As we mentioned earlier, even if you want to use the tool belt in extreme conditions, it can catch up with your needs. We are talking about 20 pockets and sleeves. These are great when you want to store various items for easy access, be it parts, tools, pencils, or nail sets.
- The adjustability of the work apron extends to the overall size as well. If you have a waist size of 29” to 46”, you will have a comfortable time wearing this to work. Similarly, the 9 main pockets can be optimized to fit an impressive variety of accessories.
- Finally, the manufacturer has taken utmost care while designing the pockets. The zippered pouch, in particular, offers a space where you can store valuable elements. At the least, you do not have to worry about these elements falling.
- As we said in the introduction, the DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt is not optimized for electricians. So, if you are trying to accommodate a profession-specific tool, you may face some trouble.
- Even though the tool belt claims to fit people with various body builds, some customer reviews state otherwise. Some find that skinny people have a tough time getting used to the comfort of the tool belt.
The DEWALT DG5617 20-Pocket Pro Framer’s Combo Apron Tool Belt comes with a few additional zippered storage options. In particular, you get a cell phone storage space and a pouch handle. It means you can use the product for diverse scenarios.
You should choose this tool belt if you are looking for something un-optimized for an electrician. If you have to shift between multiple professions and scenarios, this belt would be a great pick. On the bright side, you get a well-accommodative design.
Alternative: CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician’s Comfort Lift Combo Tool Belt
- Size: 22.6” x 13.2” x 6”
- Material: Polyester Fabric
If you liked the design of the previous tool belt but felt it is too un-optimized, you should check out the CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician’s Comfort Lift Combo Tool Belt. Compared to the other options on this list, it brings an appreciable combination of functional design and features.
- Unlike our first alternative, the CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician’s Comfort Lift Combo Tool Belt is designed for electricians. Therefore, you will not have trouble storing industry-specific tools in the pre-built pouches.
- The manufacture of the belt has shown no scarcity of pockets. We are talking about a total of 28 pockets and sleeves. Thanks to the internal compartments, you can store different types of tools without making a mess.
- Compared to some of the ginormous tool belts on the list, this product from CLC is easy to carry. Its Comfort Lift padded suspenders offer a unique level of comfort as well. All the while, you do not have to worry about spilling the contents.
- We also noticed that the product works well with an impressive variety of waist sizes. According to the specifications, you can use this combo rig if you have a waist size of between 29” and 46”. It is as flexible as a tool belt can get.
- While the product stands in the good books of customers, some believe the pouches can use more reinforcement. The lack of padding and reinforcement makes the pouches prone to typical issues, not great.
We did not find any worth-mentioning extra features in the CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician’s Comfort Lift Combo Tool Belt. However, it is worth noting that the innovative design makes storage easier for the most part.
If you are looking for superior comfort and more compartments, we think you will love the CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 Electrician’s Comfort Lift Combo Tool Belt. However, by choosing this affordable product over premium ones, you may get a less durable electrician tool belt.
Alternative: Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician’s Tool Belt
- Size: 11.5” x 13.5” x 10.25”
- Material: 1680D Ballistic Weave
Despite being in the last position, the Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician’s Tool Belt is one of the best tool belts for electricians. This product brings a customizable design that you would love if you work in dynamic conditions.
- Customizability is one of the best features you would love in the package. First of all, the removable pouches can help you create a tool kit that is compact and easily movable. This is great if you have to do custom projects a lot.
- Compared to the other products on the list, the Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician’s Tool Belt offers wide open pockets. It means you can easily store all sorts of components without spilling them.
- It is also worth noting that the product is rugged and comfortable at the same time. The leather belt ends offer superior comfort, while the additional padding lasts for an extended period. In short, it is a worthy investment from a durability point of view.
- We also noticed that the drill bit pockets and loop tape measure come in handy for most people. Over time, you will love the design as an electrician. The tool belt comes with extra handling parts to make it easy to carry even when not worn.
- Many customer reviews note that the Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician’s Tool Belt is not the best forto storing various tools. There is a chance of slippage, which is an issue worth noting.
Even though it is not an extra feature, the Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician’s Tool Belt works fine with various other products from the manufacturer. If you use other products from Klein, this tool belt will be a valuable addition to productivity.
As you can see, the Klein Tools 55429 Tradesman Pro Electrician’s Tool Belt is not the perfect choice on the market. However, if you can prioritize customizability over durability, you should have a good experience with this.
Electrician Tool Belt FAQ
What tools does an electrician apprentice need?
The answer to this question depends on the type of project you would need to assist as an apprentice.
Even then, you should start with some essential tools like pliers, side-cutting pliers, stripping tools, screwdrivers, pipe reamer, channel locks, etc. You can add more devices to the kit as you move forward.
Do electricians use hammers?
Electricians may have to use hammers, but these devices are different from carpentry hammers.
The type of hammers you find in an electrician’s toolbox will be optimized for lighter tasks. It means they have a better balance of power and control.
How do you soften a leather tool pouch?
Depending on the type of leather, softening a leather pouch may need different steps. However, as the essential step, you will have to use some materials like alcohol, Vaseline, and oil.
Once you have done these, you can dry the leather under sunlight and then use a leather conditioner. Make sure you choose the best materials from trusted brands so that you do not destroy the leather.
Do electricians buy their tools?
There are two types of tools that electricians use. The first type consists of the essential tools we mentioned, such as the pliers and screwdrivers. The second type consists of premium tools that you do not use frequently.
As an electrician, you will have to buy the first type of tools while better off renting the second type of tools. The final decision will then depend on whether you need the premium tools so frequently.
We hope our coverage of the best electrician tool belt helped you make the right choice.
As we mentioned in the beginning, there is no ‘perfect’ tool belt. The final selection must be based on how optimized or flexible you need the tool belt. Some electricians may prefer a general tool belt to arrange as per the requirement.
On the other hand, if you are an electrician apprentice who just got started, you may have better luck with a well-optimized and arranged counterpart.